There was much cutting, measuring, and pinning. And ironing, too, which I'm not terribly fond of. :D But I found the actual sewing bit with the machine quite enjoyable! And hand-sewing the liner to the crochet fabric itself was also oddly satisfying. It was kind of like watching a puzzle come together.
Finally! I finished something new that represents hours (and hours...) of work, and ventured into a new skill: using a sewing machine.
I "finished" this purse in February, right around the time of my second to last post. But it wasn't finished, because it wasn't lined. And everybody knows, a crochet purse without a liner is liable to shed its contents. (Say bye-bye to that change and those pens!) So, having resumed my crocheting, I decided to finish this purse, once and for all!
This is definitely a skill I hope to improve. I still need to fine tune my liner creation process, but once I have a system, I think a tutorial may be in order, so stay tuned! And conveniently enough, I have two more purses in the works. I'm really, really looking forward to finishing them now! But the question is really, which to finish first... (Also, apologies for the sub par pictures below!)